There was a great turn up for the Community Contact Day on Saturday 29 April 2017 at the Hackett shops, hosted by the Hackett Community Association. A bit chilly to begin with, but the sun eventually came out in all its glory!
We were delighted to have the following groups present:
• very colourful and delicious biscuits and cakes from the Hackett Preschool
• yummy crepes provided by Sasha and Antonia from Canberra’s Magic Kitchen
• information about the weeds on Mt Majura from Friends of Mount Majura
• Neighbourhood Watch with important information about protecting your house and community assets
• Folk Dance Canberra with great information about Canberra diverse communities and their dance culture.
People also were able to meet several members of the ACT House of Assembly including:
• Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith MLA
• Minister Shane Rattenbury MLA
• Shadow Minister Steve Doszpot MLA
• Elizabeth Lee MLA
Andrew Leigh, MP, Federal Member for Fenner, also dropped by.
We greatly appreciate our Assembly and Federal Parliament representatives taking time out of their weekend to meet people in their community.
It was also great to receive leaflets about the work being done on the mountain bike trails in the Majura Pines by the Majura Pines Alliance. They are sponsored by IGA Hackett and Monkey Wrench and are encouraging riders to park their cars at Hackett shops, ride over the mountain and return to have meal or drinks at Wilburs or Siam Twist. This type of activity will greatly benefit the Hackett shops. Check out their website www.majurapines.org.
The Association also had a short quiz to test people’s knowledge about Hackett. The questions and answers are available to readers by clicking here
To keep up to date with what’s happening in Hackett, join up to the Hackett Community Facebook page. Click here to access page
We look forward to you attending future activities at the Hackett shops coordinated by the Hackett Community Association.
Hackett Community Association